Oh, are you planning to move tomorrow? Grab a pen and paper and make a to-do list with dozens of tasks!
We’re just kidding. Don’t do that! It will only stress you out and overwhelm you on moving day.
What you need is a concise checklist that will help you get organized and ready to navigate the moving day without any problem.
Remember, from decluttering your home to packing your stuff; all the moving tasks should be completed days before the moving day.
So, this checklist should only include the important tasks that are necessary to be left for moving day.
Here’s a brief, practical checklist to help you out:
Checklist for moving day
- Scan the house. Skim through your home to ensure you don’t forget anything. Don’t forget the attic and basement.
- Pack essentials. Prepare a bag that includes essentials items like phone chargers, snacks, and water. If you’ve got kids in your home, pack their food, drinks, and toys.
- Sort the items. Amidst the chaos during the moving day, it’s easy to misplace items. Mark the items that you don’t want to be loaded, so they don’t get mixed with other items.
- Check markings. Double-check that all the items are properly marked to avoid trouble unpacking at your new space.
- Reserve a parking spot for the moving truck. Make sure that there’s enough space for a moving truck to park outside your home to load your stuff.
- Pave the way for movers. Get rid of the last-minute trash accumulated in your home—clear walkways by moving potted plants.
When making a moving-day checklist, people only focus on the first half, i.e., things to remember when moving out and completely ignore what to do next.
But we’ve got you fully covered. Here’s a checklist for the latter half of the day:
The second half
- Sort your boxes. It may seem very daunting, but make sure that all the boxes are placed in the correct room to avoid trouble when unpacking your stuff.
- Unpack essential items. It includes items like bedding, toiletries, cleaning supplies, and more. It would be easier if you packed essential separately (as mentioned above).
- Prepare your bed in advance. When you’re totally exhausted at the end of the day, you’ll have a comfortable bed ready to get a good night’s sleep.
- Order takeaways. As soon as you reach to the new space, order pizzas or snacks for your family and moving crew members to keep the energy levels high.
- Set up the Wi-Fi. We don’t need to elaborate, do we?
You might think that this is pretty much textbook stuff, and you don’t need to write it down, but trust us, you do!
Moving from one home to another is a big task and comes with several challenges, so it’s best to be prepared.
The moving day can get the best of you, and this checklist can prove to be very valuable to help you stay organized.
Hire a professional moving company
If you want to ensure that the entire moving process goes smoothly, you must hire professional movers with a prior history of providing reliable moving services.
They will help pack, unpack, load, unload your stuff to provide you complete peace of mind and will make sure that your stuff reaches the new destination safely.
If you’re planning to move out, ACME Moving Labor can help! Based in Seattle, we’re a trusted movers in Seattle WA that offer interstate and cross-country packing and unpacking, loading and unloading and container storage Seattle at competitive rates. To get a free quote, call us today at (253) 653-8635.